- Share movies easily with FlashBack Connect (Beta - for Pro and Standard purchasers only)
- New user interface
- Password protect movies
- Easier localisation of movies: movies can contain multiple languages and import/export text
- Add 'magnifier' effects
- Many other smaller improvements and fixes
- Added ability to record non-Microphone sources at the same time as the PC Sounds source, into separate tracks. Previously only allowed with Mic sources
- Fix: region or window recording on Windows 8.1 with high DPI screens recorded the wrong region
- Fix: the 'capture driver' record mode could become automatically selected after an automatic update of the application
- Fix: transitions in inserted FBRs could cause black areas to appear in the movie
- Fix: batch export of GDI mode movies could cause a message to appear that stopped the batch export
- Fix: users were being prompted to optimize movies that were small and did not require optimization
- Fix: scrollwheel now scrolls through movie as expected. up=to the start, down=towards the end
- Improved automatic setting of keyframe rates in MPEG recordings and import of video files
- Fix: there was a bug in editing textboxes with a pause and a transition
- Fix: it was impossible to set some pixel sizes for exports
- Fix: switching between multiple webcams meant the preview image did not switch accordingly
- Enabled Standard and Express editions to import movie from Avi file
- Enabled QuickTime and WMV in the batch export utility
- Fix: Some FBR files that had been edited with a large number of copy-paste frames operations could cause excessive memory usage. These files are now compressed on opening
- Added option to change padding colour in WMV exports
- Added the ability to export notes and keypress information to either XML or text formats, copying the data to the clipboard or saving as a file
- Added warning when opening a movie from a network or external drive
- Removed cropping restrictions in Standard edition
- Added a warning when disk space is low on the Temp folder drive
- Fix: unedited MPEG movies when inserted into another movie, would not play correctly
- Fix: Copying and pasting frames many times in MPEG mode recordings could result in an increase in memory usage and failure to export to MP4
- Fix: mouse could become out of sync with video when adding start titles to an MPEG recording
- Fix: cursor position was incorrect when recording on Win 8.1 with 'window tracking' turned on and a high DPI screen
- Fix: Youtube upload. Users can now easily switch accounts
- Fix: non-local unicode characters in the filename could prevent exporting to Flash
- Fix: the cursor could disappear in movies recorded in MPEG mode
- Fix: in WMV export window, the audio bitrates were incorrectly displayed
- Fix: incorrect cursor displayed in recordings of Windows 8.1 on a high DPI display
- Fix: on Windows 8, the Upload function could not be accessed when running the app under a different account than that used for installation
- Fixes to diagnostic logging
- Fix: titles could be incorrectly centered
- Fix: MPEG4 export. Large files could be missing audio. Also fixes excessive memory usage when export FPS was lower than original
- Fix: brings back 'quality' mode for MPEG4 export
- Fix: image insert could default position to -1,-1
- Fix: In express and Std editions, some Effects -> Autoscroll menu items should have been hidden
- Now warns the user when there is not much space left on drive containing the BBFB temp folder
- Fix: incorrect region recording on Windows 8.1 with high DPI screen
- Fix: start and end titles were not correctly centered
- Fix: authentication for Youtube uploads now works with more accounts (oauth2)
- When a large movie recorded with GDI mode is detected, it is converted to MPEG mode
- Adds option to default Save As to previous folder saved to
- MPEG record mode automatically selected in more cases
- Uninstall.exe now has digital signature
- Fix: when recording Windows 8 in touch-only mode, the cursor is hidden in the recording
- Fix: color balance in export to FLV corrected
- Fix: FBCmd.exe command line tool added to Standard edition
- Fix: using the toolbar sound volume control could disable keyboard shortcuts for play/pause
- Improved color reproduction in MPEG mode recordings and exports
- Fix: EXE export - the cursor could go behind other objects
- Enabled automatic killing of silently crashed recorder process when the user attempts to start recorder a second time
- Sound now compressed at record-time by default, instead of post-recording, to remove delay on stopping recording
- Fix: EXE exports could contain a corrupted cursor image
- Adds progress indicator to saving selected frames
- Fix: adding a WMV/AVI file as webcam could insert it at the wrong frame
- Fix: adds FBCMD command line interface to Standard edition
- Fix: can now add ico, wmf, emf format files as images
- Digital signing of the recorder, player and batch export executables to reduce likelihood of 'low file reputation' warnings from Avast AV
- EXE exports will now scale up to fit the window, instead of padding the 100% scaled movie
- Fix: EXE exports of movies containing transitions could crash on playing
- Fix: capture driver mode could be incorrectly selected when Aero was being used
- Fix: could hang on first run after upgrade on non-English locales
- Fix: rich text copied into textbox from Wordpad was josing justification after editing the box
- Fix: adding an object from the gallery could break keyboard shortcuts
- Added: facility to recover from 'sector errors' in FBR file
- Fix: cursor highlight was not displayed in EXE exports
- Fix: Windows 8 users no longer see the warning about Aero when selecting the capture driver
- Added: option for multi threaded recording
- Fix: problem in cross fades in EXE exports
- Fix: EXE export - error was seen when playing EXE exports of movies recorded using MPEG record mode.
- Fix: Save - very rarely, it was possible for the Save As dialog to not appear when attempting to save a recording
- Fix: on some PCs Recorder would fail to start and Player would show an error message about VistaCoreSoundAPIWrap.dll on starting.
- Fix: Flash-FLV export. A pause in frame zero would result in that and subsequent pauses not working
- Fix: using FBCMD.exe (the command line interface) to start a recording caused an error
- Fix: exporting to WMV on Windows 8 and setting the Variable Bit Rate option would cause an error
- Fix: adding a second monitor to a laptop, and making that the primary monitor could result in a region being recorded from the wrong monitor in capture driver mode
- Fix: error on importing a partially corrupted MP3 file
- Fix: MPEG4 exports. These were not compatible with iPad3
- Fix: Flash-SWF exports. A blur object in a movie that had its FPS adjusted to keep its maximum frames within the SWF limits, could cause an error on exporting
- Fix: EXE exports. Problems in textbox, arrow, cursor highlight positioning
- Fix: Sound sync test removed - no longer applicable
- Fix: TestAssistant - fixed detection of .NET framework versions. It was possible for v4 to not be detected
- Fix: opening a second movie in Player could cause an Access Violation
- Fix: multiple buttons in one frame could not operate correctly in SWF exports
- Fix: MPEG mode would not record a window with height less than 40px
- Fix: Recorder Options - removed Quick Record setting and restart warning setting on Misc tab
- Fix: MPEG4 export - pixel height settings could change between exports
- Fix: a pause before a frame that contained many changes could result in image corruption in exports
- Cosmetic change: moved textbox 'style' settings to Style tab
- Removed warning in EXE player that it could not create file association for FBR files
- Fix: in Youtube uploads, pauses would break audio-video sync
- When exporting a selection of frames, the correct section of audio was not exported
- Adding a sound track to a movie that previously had none, then trying to record over it, caused a crash
- In Flash exports, 'click to continue' buttons need to be clicked themselves, rather than anywhere on the movie, to continue playback
- Fix: copying multiple objects to the clipboard caused errors and a possible crash in Player
- Fix: adding start titles to a movie that has a 'click to continue' textbox at frame 0 caused an error
- Fix: the Remove Noise window would try to appear in the center of secondary monitors, so if a secondary monitor had been disconnected, the window would not appear
- EXE export now supported for movies recorded with MPEG mode
- Fix: problem reporting menu item was incorrectly disabled and reports could not be sent
- Scheduled recordings now always disable screensavers and keep the PC awake
- Fix: AppData/Roaming/Blueberry/Gallery folder now removed on deinstall
- Fix: invisible keystrokes textboxes were not visible in EXE exports
- Added ability to hide/unhide and delete objects in the gallery
- Added option to hide the 3-2-1 countdown on recording start
- Improved appearance of 'X days left in trial' screen for PCs using Windows scaling
- Fix: textbox content could become obscured (43791)
- Fix: watermark dragging and scaling did not work correctly when movie viewed at <100% scaling
- Fix: player could crash when running the 'Delete all inactive sections' function
- Fix: was possible to get an error when resetting textbox styles to defaults after editing gallery objects
- Fix: incorrect setting of transition duration when using slider
- Fix: Export form drawn incorrectly on high DPI screens
- Fix: playback shortcuts did not work after moving or resizing a textbox
- Internal LogSys logging turned on by default
- Fix: editing a textbox in the gallery would not set options in the Properties dialog correctly
- Fix: timeline thumb in EXE exports would not be shown at the end, when shorter movies ended
- Fix: trying to add a blur object to the gallery would cause an error
- Fix: the 3-2-1 dialog could be captured at the start of capture driver recordings on slower PCs
- Fix: pause objects could be randomly inserted into Flash-SWF exports that used blur and transition objects
- Fix: batch export - when viewing export format settings windows, these showed incorrect pixel sizes for movies
- Fix: corrupted gallery file could prevent FB Player from opening
- Fix: incorrect settings could cause audio sync issues
- Fix: Recordings could not be exported directly after recording
- Fix: Youtube uploads did not pause correctly
- Fix: error on saving frames as bitmap when in trial mode.
- Fix: Zoompan effects not displayed correctly when using DirectX rendering
- Fix: batch exporter did not password protect Flash exports
- Fix: broken UI on Insert Frames dialog
- Fix: 'Record' dropdown could be empty when making a scheduled recording
- Adds support for importing Float_IEEE format WAV files
- Fix: cursor could be incorrectly visible or invisible when inserting an FBR into another
- Fix: objects could be dragged from the gallery during playback
- Improved handling of user trying to start a second instance of recorder
- Fix: recorded sound could be 'choppy' or 'clicky'
- Fix: issue where recorder window could be hidden, with no taskbar icon, after unattended scheduled recording
- Record-time notes disabled by default
New in version 4
- Add Transitions to make a smooth fade from one part of the movie to another
- Drag objects to and from the 'gallery' to reuse them more easily
- Export to GIF format
- Blur parts of the movie
- Make notes at record time and see them in the recording
- And many other smaller improvements
- Fix: movies with webcam could become unopenable.
- Fix: multiple objects in the same frame could affect each others duration settings.
- Fix: problem using the Speed up/down selected frames function in movies recorded with mpeg mode
- Fix: default pause graphic not displayed in correct position in EXE exports
- Fix: user could see a file in use error in exe export or when saving recording. FB now retries.
- Fix: hiding the mouse cursor then saving the movie resulted in permanent loss of click circle highlights
- Fix: seek could be slow in large EXE exports
- Fix: when using 'Upload to Filecopy' function, the 'Open in browser' button did not work.
- Adds ctrl+b, ctrl+i, ctrl+u shortcuts to set bold, italics, underline when editing textboxes.
- Fix: problem recording movies when user had '?' in ascii username
- Fix: cropping the movie resulted in an incorrect 'preview' image in the Flash export
- Adds QT, WMV and MPEG4 formats to batch export for Std edition
- Fix: Password and expiry options in Flash export only worked when playback controls were included
- Reduces the height of the Button properties window
- Fix: Flash-FLV export. If the FLV file is in-use, Player could hang on trying to export to same name again
- MPEG4 exports now streamable
- Fix: it was possible to open an FBR in 2 instances of Player, edit and save in both and corrupt the file
- Fix: when auto-updating, Player (not Recorder) is restarted if the user was updating from Player
- Fix: track volume cannot be adjusted during playing - this was causing problems
- Fix: jumping from buttons to markers could jump to wrong frame in Flash-FLV export
- Fix: pause settings remembered when creating textboxes
- Fix: batch export could not use FPS higher than 25
- Adds button to Recorder Options window to open BBFB temp folder
- Fix: Quicktime exports were playing without sound in Windows Media Player
- Fix: inserting movie could result in image corruption
- Fix: merging frames did not work correctly in movies recorded with MPEG mode
- Fix: webcam track could be removed instead of being hidden on saving
- Fix: adjusting the duration of some (long duration) objects by dragging the end of the object in the object bar did not work
- Fix: recordings of more than 3-4 hours could be missing sound when saved
- Fix: there was a problem in "Save Frames as new movie" that resulted in Arrow objects not being saved
- Fix: possible access violation during movie opening
- Added option to save sound tracks in MP3 format instead of MP2
- Fix: textbox content in inserted movies was corrupted
- Fix: added message to warn users that interactive content is not possible when exporting Flash-FLV with the screenvideo codec
- Fix: ‘Show volume control’ setting in Flash export options could become incorrectly enabled
- Fix: problem drawing textboxes with gradients
- Fix: export form could appear partly off screen
- Fix: Youtube Flash export settings could become incorrect
- Fix: improves AVI import for some codecs
- Fix: sound sources in dropdown could become duplicated on XP
- Fix: mailto: URLs in buttons were not working
- Fix: webcam not disabled when the webcam option was turned off on Recorder main window
- Fix: playback controls were partly visible when Flash export was displayed fullscreen
- Fix: inserted AVIs were not centered in the cropping region
- Fix: autoscroll area could be wrongly positioned in EXE export
- Fix: copying and pasting a textbox could create pause objects
- Fix: accented characters composed using ctrl,shift and alt keys were not displayed
- Fix: changing the volume for a clip could cause shortcut keys to not work
- Fix: help link for MPEG4 format was incorrect
- Fix: message about upgrading sound format displayed on new recordings
- Fix: recursive calls to undo checkpoint code could produce file corruption
- Fix: incorrect watermark positioning when cropping movie
- Fix: sound could become ‘choppy’ on lower spec PCs when CPU load increased
- Fix: audio fades were not included in exports
- Fix: sound quality degraded after merge clips operation
- Fix: when exporting a movie with multiple sound clips, sometimes only the first clip was exported
- Fix: incorrect drawing of some gradient fills in textboxes
- Fix: Button object - a certain combination of actions and pause settings caused an error
- Fix: checking for file corruption during editing
- Fix: text could become transparent
- Fix: inserting a movie into a movie with a crop region could produce incorrect results
- Fix: on restoring Recorder from the tray it sometimes did not create a taskbar icon
- Fix: divide by zero error on drawing certain textbox gradients
- Fix: improved audio-video sync
- Fix: webcam video could stop before the end of the recording
- Fix: divide by zero error in the export to MP4 Improves inserting a movie at frame zero, i.e. appending a movie to the start of a movie.
- Fix: rare problem inserting an MP3 file containing an image larger than 100kb before audio starts
- Fix: exporting long movies to WMV could result in no sound track
- Fix: problem in EXE exports in v3.0.1
- Fix: abnormal program termination errors caused by PC crash during recording Improved legibility of Recorder main window on high contrast themes
- Fixes to various problems caused by entering large values for object positions, sizes, border widths etc.
- Now includes keyframes in FLV-screenvideo exports
- Fix: incorrect ellipse highlight position in EXE exports
- Fix: problem recording layered windows on multi monitor systems
- Fix: movie could be saved via hotkey during undo checkpoint creation, corrupting the movie
- Fix: When 2 successive scheduled recordings were made, the recording time on the floating toolbar was not reset for the second recording
- Fix: a problem with textbox display caused by zero length text
- Now hides floating controls when the ‘hide Bb FlashBack during recording’ option is selected
- Fix: font could change on selecting text in textbox properties dialog
- Enables unattended recording on scheduled recordings
- Fix: problem in cursor positioning when inserting a movie into a movie of different dimensions
- Fix: division by zero error in MP4 exports due to incorrect AAC bitrate
- Fix: Video could lag audio in the webcam stream
- Fix: sometimes FB could not move the temp file created by quicktime, resulting in export failure
- Fix: trying to export a small dimensions (e.g. 24x24) movie to Flash-FLV resulted in an invalid FLV file
- Adds ability to set padding colour used when inserting a flashback movie into a movie of different dimensions
- Fix: Correctly sets date on SWF toolbar file in Flash export
- Fix: Improves textbox rendering
- Fix: localised support information could be displayed wrongly in About and Support windows
- Fix: localised versions of windows in the auto-update process could display incorrectly
- Fix: cursor positioning in an inserted movie of different dimensions than current movie could be incorrect
- Adds: unattended file saving for scheduled recording
- Fix: FB was not detecting some versions of VLC player correctly, and so was not displaying a warning about possible video hardware acceleration
- Fix: font changes could be undone by selecting text in the textbox properties window
- Fix: large values of textbox shadow width could produce odd effects
- Fix: problems in changing record mode setting and then cancelling.
- Fix: running Recorder direct from installer could cause an error message about UsageTracking.xml file to be shown.
- Adds crash tracking file to LogSys report.
- Adds option for checking and correcting corruption to Player Options
- Fix: problem when recorder would run with no UI on detecting an update on startup
- Fix: zero length text in textboxes could cause crash
- Fix: option to hide Recorder when recording now works correctly when minimised to floating controls
- Fix: large textbox dimensions and arrow widths could cause crash
- Fix: copying and pasting arrows could cause an error
- Fix: the sound interface was not acting correctly on Windows XP
- Addition: facility to fix movies where keyframes have become corrupted
- Fix: The window/region/fullscreen setting was not read correctly from the user interface
- Adds facility for administrators to hide licence from users
- Fix: incorrect email address used in report sending if direct sending fails
- Fix: Recorder would show no UI when starting recording from Player
- Fix: problem in pasting objects
- Adds the ability to paste an object from the right-click menu on the Objects area
- Fix: a problem in keystroke recording could crash player
- Fix: problem with hotkeys
- Fix: Help files were not displayed from Player or Recorder
- Fix: Common files used by v3 and v2 could be remove when deinstalling v2
- Fix: recording non-default sound sources on XP could result in no sound recorded
Many improvements and fixes. Major new features:
- New recorder window to show most used options and enable faster recording.
- Enhanced Player framebar interface to make it easier to work with presentation objects.
- Add arrows to movies
- Add watermark images to movies.
- Sound processing: noise removal and options to compress and normalize volume in movies.
- Add 'titles' to the start and end of the movie.
- Insert video files into movie.
- In-movie pauses handled by pause objects rather than inserting frames.
- Flash-FLV exports can contain interactive objects such as 'click to continue' buttons.
- Scheduled recording.
- Apple device (iPod, iPad, iPhone) compatible exports with MPEG4 format.
- Rich text in textboxes.
- Automatically display invisible keystrokes.
- Fade sound in and out.
- Fix: Pasted sound was faded out and muted
- Fix: some exports missing first 40 seconds of sound.
- Fix: Problems with sound quality for 8 bit sounds.
- Added: function to extract FBR file from EXE exports.
- Fix: when upgrading, after the deinstall, the installer window would fall to the background.
- Fix: running the installer in silent mode still showed dialogs.
- Fix: installer did not create shortcuts for limited/normal user accounts.
- Fix: incorrect positioning of recorded region when recording on multi monitor systems, with the secondary monitor on the left.
- Fix: Button object could not be copied and pasted.
- Fix: problem loading movies with WAV sound tracks.
- Fix: LogSys was kept running on FB close, which could foul up upgrades.
- Fix: hang in Record Sound function.
- Fix: if recording was paused and then a screensaver appeared, the duration counter started again, though recording was still paused.
- Fix: incorrect region could be recorded when recording a region with Vista/7 at 125% scaling mode.
- Fix: problem adding some variable bit rate MP3 files.
- Fix: saving frames from a movie with webcam could produce a movie without webcam that could not be exported to SWF.
- Fix: recording clock on deskband could continue when recording had stopped, while sound was being compressed.
- Improved recovery of files corrupted due to Player crash while editing.
- Adds HD Youtube upload option.
- Fix: Windows and Region recording in Vista/7 when Windows set to 150% size.
- Removed limitation to record only even FPS in GDI mode.
- Fix: when recording multiple monitors, recording could stop after a few seconds. Added option to Recorder which decreases performance but fixes bug.
- Fix: repeated editing will now not cause degredation in quality of sound tracks.
- Fix: prevents user from saving FBR file to FB temp folder.
- Fix: Fixed cursor redraw after frames delete.
- Fix: a vdisk problem that could prevent deletion of corrupted frames.
- Fix: 'list index out of bounds' error on recording.
- Fix: now records sound if you have multiple sound cards installed.
- Fix: Imported webcam video was invisible in 'embedded' mode until the movie was saved.
- Fix: selecting frames and saving them to a new movie resulted in audio sync problems when the first frame was not included.
- Fix: adding a movie with webcam or mpeg could result in object start frames being changed.
- Fix: Information shown in File->Properties->More Details not complete for movies created by saving selected frames.
- Fix: "%20" in file name could cause it to be flagged as corrupt.
- Fix: uploading a movie, then closing it and opening another movie and uploading that, resulted in the first movie being uploaded again.
- Fix: GDI mode FPS was restricted to a max of 20.
- Fix: Exporting a range of frames not including the first frame to AVi/WMV/MOV resulted in audio sync problems.
- Fix: Selecting more than a certain number of frames at the end of the movie and saving to a new movie could result in a static frame in the new movie.
- Fix: selecting the same sound device twice on the sound step in the Record wizard could change the sample rate to 11khz.
- Fix: cancelling the More Options window (accessed from Record wizard) did not cancel all changes to settings.
- Fix: fixes problem with 'limit by size' function and mpeg mode movies.
- Fix: incorrect auto selection of mpeg mode on lower powered PCs.
- Recorder restores previous sound recording source on Windows XP when recording complete.
- Warns user that capture driver mode cannot record Aero and secondary monitors.
- Shows suggestion that slower PCs turn off hw video accel when recording.
- Fix: possible crash on saving movie.
- Added: function to change duration of selected frames.
- Added: shows selection duration in thumbnail.
- First step removed from record wizard.
- Fix: crash on exporting from Recorder.
- Added: ability to turn off undo function, to improve performance in very large movies.
- Removes sound track lock selection button from FB Std and Express.
- Fix: could not export to QT with scaling > 100%.
- Fix: recorder could crash when Windows turned the monitor off while recording with driver mode.
- Fix: speed-up and slow-down functions did not work for mpeg movies.
- Fix: 'compressing audio' dialog could appear in the final frames of the movie when using driver mode.
- New feature: inverted cursor highlight.
- Fix: Bad final frame or second to last frame in mpeg recordings.
- Fix: Cropping mpeg recording to final frame produced access violation.
- Fix: Saving the final frame of an mpeg recording as a new FBR produced a corrupt file.
- Fix: Saving a single frame could produce an FBR containing a number of frames.
- Fix: Exe exports would not autoscroll correctly on some PCs - they would be displayed scaled instead.
- Fix: Improvements to deskband on windows 7 and addition of deskband for 64bit operating systems.
- Fix: When inserting an mpeg movie into an mpeg movie, blank frames were added to the end of the movie.
- Fix: Duplicate markers could be produced by deleteing all frames after a marker and saving the movie.
- Fix: Static frames produced by using mpeg recording with the limit by time function.
- Fix: EXE export. Message about missing entry point in dll when running EXE exported from some movies.
- Fix: Media player detection not working for some players.
- Fix: Capture driver initialisation error on some Windows 7 PCs.
- Flash exports: Improved handling of pre v9 Flash players.
- Now disables video hardware acceleration by default on lower powered PCs.
- Adds: FBCMD command line controls to recorder.
- Adds: Option to have Flash exports that require Player v9 and above show a message.
- Adds: size of webcam video adjustable in Player and EXE exports.
- Adds: when recording a window, the window is tracked if its position changes, when using GDI or MPEG mode.
- Adds: webcam test window in Recorder can be resized.
- Adds: can now insert mousewheel and middle button click events.
- Fix: Recorder on Windows 7 could produce excess logging which could affect performance.
- Fix: Recorder could crash on starting recording with PC sounds on Vista/7.
- Fix: blank frames could be added to the end of an inserted movie.
- Fix: when cropping a movie down, if markers were on the final frame of the new movie, they end up duplicated.
- Fix: hides deskband mode for Recorder on Windows 7 due to delays in moving to taskbar that could cause Explorer to become unresponsive.
- Fix: prevents logsysserver and batch export utility from appearing in the Windows New & recent program list after installing on Windows 7.
- Fix: crash in batch export.
- Fix: closing a page in Internet Explorer that contained an SWF export could produce script errors in some situations.
- Fix: Sound sync test dialog could get stuck behind the Options dialog when accessed via the Record wizard.
- Fix: final frames of mpeg movie could be corrupted.
- Fix: saving mpeg movies did not reduce file size.
- Fix: inserting one mpeg movie into another at the final frame produced bad frame at the join.
- Fix: saving selected frames from an mpeg movie resulted in a static movie.
- Fix: pause graphic always shown in Flash and EXE exports when a highlight object paused the movie, regardless of whether the 'show paused graphic' setting is on.
- Fix: delete operation followed quickly by playback could result in image corruption.
- Fix: (in build 1494) possible error accessing settings file when closing multiple instances of Player at once.
- Fix: (in build 1494) crash on starting recording on Vista/7 when recording PC sounds.
- Fix: capture driver not deinstalled correctly on FB deinstall.
- Fix: EXE exports of movies of multiple large desktops would crash.
- Fix: updates version in installer.
- Fix: Player could AV when using DirectX graphics, when PC woke up from standby.
- Fix: Non default mouseover highlight colour caused incorrect button mouseover behavior.
- Fix: reseller builds would sometimes not accept customer details
- Fix: usage tracking xml file not being created because already being accessed.
- Added: status bar now shows total frames selected.
- Fix: the FB upgrade process could cause the capture driver to become disabled.
- Added: mpeg recording mode to improve performance and lower FBR file size when recording moving video and animation.
- Added: record wizard UI changed to enable easier recording of media player applications that use overlays.
- Added: multiple monitors can now be recorded at once. Windows and regions that span monitors can be recorded.
- Added: password protection and expiry dates added to Flash exports.
- Fix: Flash-FLV exports could not be played back from local drives in folders that they were not exported to.
- Fix: Problem in EXE exports with pause image always being displayed by pause object even if set not to.
- Fix: incorrect behavior of Flash exports, when playback starts while movie is still downloading.
- Fix: movies displayed incorrectly, showing just the top left corner unscaled, when it should have been scaled.
- Fix: failure to save movie in Recorder, shows "MoveFileEx" error message.
- Fix: EXE exports set to display in fullscreen mode could crash on startup.
- Fix: occasionaly problem running direct from installer on Windows 7.
- Improvement to logging (stack trace) and logging now on by default.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
- Fixes a severe bug with playback in v2.6.8. When playing back in BB FlashBack Player (not in exports) the movie image would not refresh during playback until playback was stopped, and would not refresh when the timeline was clicked.
- Fix: uploading to youtube was resulting in a failure, due to API changes by youtube.
- Added: webcam can be anchored in place during autoscroll.
- Added: can now change temporary folder used by recorder and player.
- Fix: problem in limit by time function resulted in 24fps movie regardless of setting in user interface.
- Fix: Batch exporting utility - messages could be shown, holding up the export if unattended. Flash pixel scaling controls did not work correctly.
- Fix: Upload - upload to youtube could crash on some PCs when finalising.
- Fix: EXE Exports - click-to-continue buttons did not work correctly.
- Fix: EXE Exports - initial mouse position could be incorrect.
- Flash exports - improved behavior during download.
- Fix: Flash exports - if there is a textbox in the first frame with pause and the export is of type 'download auto but play when clicked', the textbox is not seen.
- Fix: EXE Exports - a textbox duration could be greater than defined.
- Fix: EXE Exports - highlights with opacity 100% and outline with no fill have black fill.
- Fix: Upload - possible to enter title and tags too long for Youtube.
- Fix: Flash export - volume control does not work.
- Fix: Flash export - improvement to behavior when downloading.
- Fix: Deskband works in Windows 7.
- Fix: Various stability issues.
- Fix: Textboxes not displayed correctly by XP PCs running dual monitors.
- Improvement to typing of accented characters when keystroke logging is on.
- Fix: webcam video could not be put in own window.
- Fix: unfilled highlights with opacity=100% were not rendered correctly in EXE exports.
- Textbox styles no longer include duration.
- Fix: Images objects not displayed correctly in FLV and AVI exports in Windows XP when using DirectX acceleration in BB FlashBack Player.
- Fix: Flash single-swf exports not autostarting playback correctly while downloading.
- Fix: Flash-FLV exports could be scaled incorrectly, stretching image vertically by 1%
- Detects when there has been an audio sync problem during recording, and disables sample rate used.
- Improvement to appearance and behavior of 'loading' indicator in Flash exports.
- Fix: Many and various Flash export fixes.
- Improvement to how FLV movies are padded to a multiple of 16px, and the padding colour is customisable.
- Fix: smoother scaling in Player on Vista for NVidia graphics cards.
- Fix: exports at non 1:1 aspect ratio produce image corruption.
- Fix: image corruption in exports with reduced frame rate.
- Fix: objects missing from saved frames on some PCs.
- Fix: movie with more than 7 sound tracks did not export audio correctly.
- And many other small improvements and fixes.
- Fix: EXE and Flash exports: pause graphic is always shown when movie paused for textbox, even if set not to.
- Fix: EXE exports textbox with pause and a button on the same frame. Button clicks are ignored.
- Fix: Flash export - (single SWF only) if autoscroll causes downward scroll, the toolbar sticks to the top and disappears.
- Improves FBE registration process to eliminate 'already registered' problem.
- Fix: 'boost' setting in Record Mode tab could become disabled.
- Improved Flash loading indicator.
- Fix: QuickTime exports - audio could become out of sync with video.
- Fix: Flash exports - 'click to continue' image could move out of movie when using autoscroll.
- Various stability and file corruption fixes
- Fix: autscroll turned off on export if autoscroll frame size is same as movie clip rect
- Fix: corruption on Flash-SWF exports
- Fix: problem with click-to-continue textboxes in Flash exports
- Fix: user was allowed to select single SWF and download-on-demand
- Fix: problem with cursor highlights on vista with second monitor
- Fix: problem with cursors on 16 bit colour displays
- EXE exports no longer require d3d9.dll
- Fix: problem recording non-standard display resolutions
- Fix: recorder floating control bar could become hidden behind taskbar
- Fix: problem with cursor leaving 'trails' and other issues for <100% fps exports
- Recorder tray icon tooltip displays current recording duration
- Various flash export fixes
- Flash exports can be exported with 'noscale' on or off. Previously always on.
- Adds lossless compession option for Flash-SWF exports
- Fix: QuickTime exports could lose bottom rows of pixels
- Fix: Some FBRs could caused access violation on export to SWF
- Fix: EXE exports set to open full screen still showed the Windows taskbar
- Fix: Installing Express, then Pro, then deinstalling Express could cause Pro to crash on startup
- Fix: access violation on resize of large images
- Fix: could not enter some pixel widths on QuickTime and AVI export
- Fix: Flash export width could not be changed via the control on the export options dialog
- No watermark on unlicensed Express exports
- Addition of the Upload feature, enabling upload of movies to video hosting sites, FTP and file servers.
- Movies can now be exported as a single SWF file, for easier embedding in PDF documents and webpages.
- Fixes to performance and stability of Undo and Redo functions.
- Fix: export of Flash files with special characters in the name.
- Fix: problem where FLV exports would not loop playback.
- Fix: exported Flash movies do not have size indicated in Width and Height fields in export options dialog.
- Fix: default region recording size increased to prevent it being hidden by 'start recording' window.
- Improved performance of undo checkpoint creation, speeding up editing functions.
- Fix: keylog text export function was causing excessive memory usage.
- Adds 'fit to window' option for EXE export.
- Dynamic 'fit to window' function in EXE exports.
- Fix: users incorrectly warned of movie exceeding SWF 16000 frame limit on Flash export.
- Express users can see the Effects menu, enabling them to change cursor highlighting.
- Import of AVI and WMV files as picture-in-picture video.
- Export to QuickTime H264.
- Export of Flash Video (FLV) movies.
- Many improvements to Flash exports, including fullscreen mode, volume control, more customisation.
- Undo and Redo of editing functions.
- Mouse cursor highlighting.
- Auto Save of edited movies for disaster recovery.
- EXE export playback uses graphics hardware acceleration.
- Many other fixes and usability improvements.
|Version 2.0.2 / 2.2
- Fix to recording of cursors within VMWare session.
- Fix to Flash export when cursor images have been corrupted.
- Fixes to Insert Movie function: corruption could be produced by deleting frames directly after insertion point.
- Hide webcam menus in View and Preview menus when running in expired mode.
- Fixed problem with textboxes when they appeared outside of the zoom region.
- Fixed problem in resizing images > 100%
- Fixed problem in scrolling movie on Vista.
Many improvements, feature additions and fixes.
- Fixed problem with exporting to SWF using default settings.
- Simplified uninstall page shown when installer detects existing installation of TA.
- Windows Vista information is now correctly stored in PC Information and usage data.
- New check for updates system implemented.
- 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rates are now supported.
- Fixed 'close at end' feature in EXE exports.
- Problem with 'New update is available' mark fixed.
- Shows timeline and framebar in high-contrast mode when Windows high-contrast theme detected.
- Fix to installer for detecting TA running when installing/uninstalling.
- RecordSound toolbar button added on player.
- Sound menu and toolbar rearranged. Sound playing available in Sound Tracks form and name of sound can now be changed.
- Small fix to prevent crash if 'keyframes' file is incorrect. Problem with index of newly recorded file is fixed.
- Added 'Use DirectX video acceleration' option to player, to allow DX acceleration to be switched off.
- Trial period functionality for Vista fixed.
- Updated version of Flash specified in HTML template to 6.
- Sound selection problem on one source sound card fixed.
- New Trial period dialog shown on startup.
- Sound converting progress shown at the end of recording.
- Added PreloadPercent parameter for SWF export.
- Export selected frames to Flash, AVI, WMV, EXE, PPT implemented.
- Error in export to Flash fixed : error message appeared if cursor was corrupted.
- New license key format implemented.
- Access to Help file on Vista fixed.
- Recording in Capture Driver mode with optimisation at low frame rate fixed.
- Improved Player performance and memory management in low memory conditions.
- Fixed bug with deleting frames (access violation appeared in very rare cases).
- Fixed bug with deleting frames (incorrectly deleted first full screen image in a movie, in rare cases).
- Warning message displayed when FB is unable to switch between sound sources, due to hardware.
- Pause button added to EXE exports.
- Small problem with MP3 sound playing fixed.
- Implemented AVI 2.0 exporting. Can now export AVI files larger than 2Gb.
- "Use Extra Sound Synchronization" feature improved, now it resynchronise whole sound at the end of recording preventing sound cuts or silences.
- "Recompress MP3 sounds affected by editing" option added to Player, to avoid clicks caused by edit operations affecting MP3 sounds.
- Textboxes and images can be placed outside movie screen.
- Timeline in Player can be used to select frames.
- Restart Recording option added to Recorder.
- Unsupported sound formats (other than Wave and MP3) can now be inserted into movie on PCs with no sound card.
- "Resynchronise sound" feature added to Player, to fix audio-video sync problems caused by some sound cards.
- Flash Export control bars are changed to Flash v.6
- Program added to checks recording process, improving recovery of movies when recording process has unscheduled termination.
- Select Inactive Frames implemented in Player.
- Export with no sound implemented in Player for export to Flash, AVI, WMV and PPT.
- New default template for Flash export. Assists with embedding of Flash movie in user HTML.
- "Asus driver installed" error is now shown when installing on a PC with ASUS video driver installed, due to incompatibility between ASUS and mirror drivers.
- Save current style button added on TextBox properties dialog in Player.
- QuickRecord now remembers previous fullscreen/region in Recorder.
- Fixed icon restoration by Recorder after recording at a lower resolution.
- Bug in "Limit by time" and "Limit by size" recording modes fixed.
- New notification when crash detected, prompts to enable logging.
- Z-order problem with textboxes and images in EXE export fixed.
- New functionality added to sounds in Player. Now it's possible to rerecord part of the main sound track.
- MS PowerPoint plugin fixed - the toolbar can be removed from PowerPoint ok.
- Select frames function in Player improved to allow selection between markers.
- Delete frames function in Player fixed, to prevent possible problems with sound sync in exporting to Flash.
- Changes to sound playback and conversion. Now DirectSound is used to play sounds, and mpglib.dll is used to decode MP3. This solves a problem with VirtualMemory when opening a movie with many sounds. In addition, loading time of movies with many sounds was significantly increased.
- Bug in export to Flash fixed, artefacts appeared when exported scaled with JPEG compression or exported with lossless compression but in 16-bits mode.
- Bug in optimisation fixed, problem appeared when optimising a movie with textboxes or images in first frame.
- Fixed small bug with starting player when WMV codecs are not correctly installed.
- New tool added to player allowing AVI files recorded with other screen recorders to be converted to FBR format for editing.
- FBR file format redesigned to reduce load time, improve reliability and enable future support for much longer movies.
- The batch export tool in the FlashBack player now supports batch updating to the new FBR format.
- MX compression has been added for exporting to Flash; this can reduce Flash sizes by up to 50%.
- When exporting to Flash there is now an option to select the type of image compression: JPEG or lossless.
- MP3 compression level now selectable upon export to Flash or AVI.
- There is a new option in the recorder for dual screen users allowing any monitor to be recorded.
- Auto-hide control bar setting added to export to Flash options.
- MP3 compression now takes place ‘on-the-fly’ during recording, which reduces the delay at the end of recording. An option to revert to MP3 compression after recording has been added to the recorder options.
- New options including “full screen”, “loop” and “highlight mouse clicks” have been added to the export to EXE options.
- In the player a new feature has been added: crop frames. This option erases all frames expect those currently selected.
- Various user interface improvements.
- Improved optimization of FlashBack movie generation, to reduce native FBR filesize and Flash export filesize.
- When exporting movies export settings are now saved and reused as default.
- Sound recording source selection dialog improved.
- Bug that occasionally caused problems when deleting frames is fixed.
- Bug with exporting movies with empty last frames is fixed.
- Default Flash navigation bars have an improved graphical design.
- Problem where white space would appear in exported flash movies with navigation bars at the bottom of the screen is now fixed.
- New draw mode for older video cards implemented.
- 'Xing' encoded MP3 sound files are now supported in the player and can be edited correctly.
- Problems with proportional mode and paused textboxes/images when using the set frame rate option are now fixed.
- Windows XP visual style is now supported throughout the program.
- Capture-Driver and DirectX recording modes are now disabled in Terminal Services Sessions (these modes caused problems when enabled).
- A new 'Fit To Window' button has been added to the player toolbar.
- The displays for mouse click actions are now fully customisable with your own graphics if desired.
- Menus changed slightly to give quicker access to licence information.
- Recording toolbar implemented giving easier start/stop recording access to beginner level users.
- New option in player allows users to toggle "Return to start of movie when end reached" behaviour on or off.
- A warning message is now displayed if a pirate licence is detected.
- New effects navigation menu implemented in player.
- Recording while using 16 colours mode is now disabled (this caused problems).
- A warning message is now shown if the program is unable to change screen resolution upon recording.
- Any customised mouse click display graphics are now stored within the FBR file.
- 'Search for duplicates' process when exporting to Flash and saving movies has been optimised for faster performance.
- Textbox styles feature added. Now textbox settings such as colour, shape and font can be saved to a style and reloaded as required.
- New menus added in player for replaying at faster or slower speeds.
- Streaming is now supported in Flash files, including files with navigation toolbars.
- Exported Flash movies with both a navigation toolbar and autoscroll enabled are now correctly cropped.
- Dialog forms are now displayed at the centre of the screen on dual monitor setups.
- Logging of key and mouse events is now supported in Windows 98.
- Scaling movies when exporting to Flash is now supported.
- New welcome/start-up form implemented.
- The application title in EXE format movies can now be customised.
- New batch movie export utility added.
- New hotkey controls implemented in Recorder.
- Movie export settings are now remembered and recalled.
- Sound recording source selection dialog improved.
- Default Flash control bars improved.
- FlashBack player toolbars rearranged slightly.
- New menu items for quicker access to licence details information.
- New optional toolbar during recording implemented.
- New option added in player allowing auto-rewind at end of movie to be switched on/off.
- Warning message now displayed when running a known pirate licence key.
- Warning message displayed if FlashBack is unable to change the screen resolution upon starting recording.
- Bug with frame deletion fixed.
- Bug with exporting movies with empty last frames fixed.
- “White space” problem when exporting movies to Flash with a control bar fixed.
- Set frame rate proportional mode in player fixed.
- Capture driver and DirectX recording modes now disabled when running FlashBack in a terminal services session (previously using them brought up an error message).
- Recording in 16-colour mode disabled (avoids problems).
- New drawing mode for older video cards implemented.
- Xing encoded MP3 sound files now supported.
- Set frame rate problem with movies with paused textboxes and images fixed.
- Windows XP style appearance is now supported for the FlashBack application.
- Fit movie to window button added in FlashBack player.
- Ability to customise mouse-click display graphics implemented.
- New “jump to” menu in player allows quick navigation to any movie event.
- Problems with maximum number of objects in Flash files fixed.
- Sound tracks volume change screen improved.
- Problem with sound mix volumes upon exporting movies is fixed.
- Problems when the capture driver is only partly installed are fixed.
- Problems when the capture driver is not installed are fixed.
- Movies file structures are now automatically checked when loaded in the player.
- "Mix sounds to one track" option added to export to EXE function.
- Bug involving updating sound tracks after deleting frames fixed.
- Improved error message when exporting unsupported sound track formats.
- Sound files now checked to be WAVE PCM format rather than just checking the file extension.
- Option added to player to control allowed memory usage.
- New "enable text search in movie" option added to record options.